We closed an amazing weekend with many programs, funs and a competition obviously. The weather wasn't the best both on Saturday and Sunday, but all pilots made it perfectly. Everyone has flown the maximum or even more. Neither rain nor wind nor clouds could stop them. There were few crashes, two-three did look so nice, but everyone kept all safety rules, and to be honest, it's really hard to fly flawless in that pressure caused by stress. Congratulations to everyone!
Pilots were flying in three classes: Sport, Inters and Pro. There were many known and less known (yet) names, all tried their bests, and the pilots at the end of the results list even have done a really good job. All pilots put the maximum effort in the show. There were more crashes than last year, but nobody injured again - thanks to the really high safety standards provided by everyone. There was one smaller LiPo fire as well, luckily it wasn't too serious.
Helifest was full of programs as usual. Many demos, new products were presented, like Align T-Rex 600XN first time ever in UK. XLPower pilots kept an amazing demo with their Specter helicopters. Girls United has proven again, ladies can do it - really well. It's good to see, how many women/girls are in the hobby with the same effort.
The young generation flew astonishing good. George Isaacs, Summer Fisher put the maximum in, and nice results were achieved. Group performances were also really spetacular, iike Goblin Nitro demo, Align Nitro demo, Girls United and so on. One more quite interesing element of the show was Dave Fisher and his colour ribbons dropped from the helicopter, like a ballet.
Nik Johnson - The commentator has celebrated his birthday on 12th of June, and the community surpised him with a very special gift - a SAB Goblin and a unique canopy. It's not that typical to see Nik being melt, but he almost cried, and - also not that typical - he could not find the words.
Hundreds and thousands were attending Helifest this weekend with no accidents, conflicts or arguments.
Sport Class Results
- Summer Fisher (Sat: 140 / Sun: 151)
- Maria Pavlou (Sat: 95 / Sun: 114)
- Nick Stroud (Sat: 0 / Sun: 97)
- Mike Revuke (Sat: 91 / Sun: 91)
- Mick Johnson (Sat: 90 / Sun: 6)
- Mathew Warrington (Sat: 64 / Sun: 88)
- Mike Gomez (Sat: 0 / Sun: 77)
- Alan Robinson (Sat: 64 / Sun: 75)
- Rory Mac Sweeney (Sat: 66 / Sun: 70)
Inters Class Results
- Owen Cochrane (Sat: 175 / Sun: 167)
- Ivan Adams (Sat: 148 / Sun: 173)
- Andrzej Zolty (Sat: 162 / Sun: 100)
- George Isaacs (Sat: 152 / Sun: 138)
- Simon Hlidrew (Sat: 138 / Sun: 131)
- John West (Sat: 136 / Sun: 134)
- Mathew Pressey (Sat: 133 / Sun: 117)
- Bill Gwinnett (Sat: 110 / Sun: 109)
- Rachel Plant (Sat: 65 / Sun: 0)
- Dean Tamsett (Sat: 47 / Sun: 0)
Pro Class Results
- Duncan Osbourn (Sat: 259 / Sun: 268)
- Aaron Cole (Sat: 253 / Sun: 257)
- Ethan Williams (Sat: 231 / Sun: 221)
- John Nobbs (Sat: 213 / Sun: 229)
- Dave Fisher (Sat: 216 / Sun: 228)
- Callum Henson (Sat: 212 / Sun: 216)
- James Mackenzie (Sat: 124 / Sun: 213)
- Ben Thornley (Sat: 212 / Sun: 206)
- Jamie Dawe (Sat: 166 / Sun: 88) and Rodney Key (Sat: 156 / Sun: 166)
- Mariusz Jastrzembski (Sat: 40 / Sun: 0)
Photos and videos are coming soon.